Where should the modular X11R7 fonts get installed to?

vallimar at sexorcisto.net vallimar at sexorcisto.net
Sun Nov 6 20:45:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, November 6, 2005 12:37 pm, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Some bitmap fonts are desired however.  The ability to turn them
> off, would mean we either include them all by default, giving users some
> problems (someone has already confirmed that their fonts changed when
> enabling fontconfig across all X fonts), or disable them all by default,
> meaning bitmap fonts aren't available for terminals, and terminal-like
> programs.
>
> Not an optimal solution IMHO.

What about patching fontconfig to give it priorities?
So that you can tell it to scan TTF, OTF, Type1 and then bitmap?
Or whatever order you choose?  Granted, I've no idea how complex
that might be, but that, with the ability to exclude, would be
the likeliest optimal solution to being able to package all the
bitmap fonts.