disappointment over default acpid config

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 15:03:19 UTC 2005

Enrico Scholz wrote:

>sundaram at redhat.com (Rahul Sundaram) writes:
>

>>g-p-m is obviously intended for GNOME but would work on other desktop
>>enviroments.
>>

>GNOME2 apps are usually not running properly in non-GNOME2 environments.
>E.g. their fontsize can not be configured (running
>'gnome-settings-daemon' is not possible because it *enforces* its ideas
>about e.g. the keyboard layout or .Xresources which were configured in
>other ways already).

I never had any reason to configure font sizes while running GNOME apps
on KDE. For my limited use GNOME apps worked fine on KDE and viceversa
excepts for things like applets which didnt have a freedesktop
specification. Might want to file some bug reports against GNOME
bugzilla for specific use cases like configuring resources.

regards
Rahul