Sabayon Screencast

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 7 16:18:56 UTC 2005

Le lundi 07 novembre 2005 à 10:59 -0500, Paul A Houle a écrit :
> >BTW I know it's not really Fedora's problem, but I don't think it's
> >possible to install a flash-enabled i386 Firefox on x86_64 anymore
> >
> >This promises to be fun at FC5 time
> >

>     Hey,  rpm --erase and use the installer from mozilla.org to install
> a 32-bit Mozilla,  then install flash.  Morality aside,  32-bit mplayer
> can still link Windows DLL's...  My main frustration is that the
> joystick ioctls changed going to 64-bit and that breaks most 32-bit games.

The problem is not you can't install a 32bit firefox
The problem is the flash rpm does not like the 32 bit firefox in
rawhide.

[root at rousalka nim]# /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup

Registering flashplayer as a XPCOM component in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5
ERROR: /usr/lib/firefox-1.5/ failed XPCOM xpti.dat generation.
ERROR!  SCRIPT SHOULD NEVER REACH HERE!
Please send a list of files within /usr/lib/firefox-1.5 to the
linuxflash
mailing list along with your Linux distribution and what
browsers are installed.  Please include any error messages
that resulted from this package.
Type the following command in order to create a file list.

    find /usr/lib/firefox-1.5 > /root/filelist.txt
Setup is complete.

Again, not Fedora's problem, except for all the users that will scream
at FC5 release

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot