Self-Introduction: Denis Ovsienko and /etc/net project

Denis Ovsienko linux at pilot.org.ua
Tue Nov 8 06:25:00 UTC 2005

> Generally... network-scripts will eventually go away - things will
> be moved to a framework involving NetworkManager. Hence, I don't
> believe pulling in an entirely different framework in the interim
> is really worth it.
It is worth. The problem is that other distributions borrow(ed) from FC(RH) and
most often borrowed thing is initscripts. Sometimes it's the only thing
they do to allow configure networking. If there is no straight way to switch
from net-scripts, people will continue to use it.
I want modern Linux systems to make use of modern network features independently
of distribution they were installed from.

--
    DO4-UANIC