Shell access to fedora.redhat.com machines

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 22:50:33 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've set things up so we can start to allow shell accounts on
*.fedora.redhat.com (and hopefully *.fedoraproject.org, RSN), enabling
more people to create and enhance Fedora infrastructure. There are now
three groups in the account system - sysadmin-build (for people
maintaining the build systems), sysadmin-web (for people hacking on web
infrastructure) and sysadmin (for people doing general infrastructure
maintenance).

These shell accounts are only to be used for Fedora project-related stuff
- please don't put any personal materials or services or 'stuff' in them.

For fedora.redhat.com, things are set up with bastion.fedora.redhat.com as
the 'bastion' host. Once you ssh into that host, you have a wide variety
of systems that you can ssh to:
	sysadmin-web and sysadmin: app[12], proxy[1-4]
	sysadmin-build and sysadmin: hammer[1-3], ppc1
	sysadmin: db1 and cvs-int

You can login with the ssh key listed in the account system, the same one
you may already use for CVS access. You may also have sudo access on some
of the machines relevant to your area of expertise (the password will the
same as the one you use in the Fedora Account System). WARNING: Do not
change system configurations or settings. Right now that has to happen
through a separate mechanism that isn't yet external. I will also
personally get on your case if you start changing systems without working
with the rest of the 'team'.

I would love to get more people helping enhance our infrastructure, so if
you believe it would help for you to have login access and I left you out,
please let me know!

Best,
-- Elliot