Modular X

Bart Vanbrabant bart.vanbrabant at zoeloelip.be
Thu Nov 17 01:12:59 UTC 2005

Hello,

I just installed the new modular X from rawhide. Everything went quite
good except for two problems:

1) The nvidia driver doesn't handle modular X yet. But I solved it by
manually moving all libraries to their new places. This isn't something
that should be handled by fedora.

2) There were two paths in my xorg.conf that pointed to the old /usr/X11
places. Those where ModulePath and RgbPath. I changed them like this:
        RgbPath      "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
It this something that other users could have problems with to? Because
then a postinstall script should check for this. Do I need to file a
bugreport?

cheers,

Bart

--
Bart Vanbrabant <bart.vanbrabant at zoeloelip.be>
PGP fingerprint: 093C BB84 17F6 3AA6 6D5E  FC4F 84E1 FED1 E426 64D1