ZFS.

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Nov 18 05:20:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 22:11 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:

> IIRC, the CDDL is not GPL compatible.  Unless it is licensed under the
> GPL, it will not be placed in the kernel.

> I believe the CDDL also
> prevents it from being added to Fedora Core or Fedora Extras.

Hmmm... The CDDL appears to be listed on http://www.opensource.org/
which IIRC was the criteria for licenses of software going into Extras
at one time.  Is this incorrect (or incorrect now)?

OTOH, if it cannot go into the kernel, that would be because it's
classified as a derivative work.  If it's classified as a derivative
work then it's in violation of the GPL whether or not it's distributed
in the kernel, right?  IANAL and I am very tired at the moment so my
chain of reasoning here could be totally specious.

-Toshio