Simple content management systems.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sat Nov 19 16:09:40 UTC 2005

I'm investigating content management systems for maintaining Fedora
related pages on my site, and looking for something that does not
require mysql or any other database backend.  Something very simple
and self contained within the web root, with as few web server
configuration requirements, and as few software requirements as
necessary.  It's also rather important to me that the software
be 100% true open source software, licensed under the GPLv2 or
BSD license or something, with no advertising clauses or other
garbage to restrict freedom.

It was recommended that I have a look at "Limbo", and while perusing
their site, I found it was GPL licensed.  After taking a closer look
at the license however:

http://www.limbo-cms.com/index.php/option/content/pcontent/1/task/view/id/29/Itemid/67

It is GPL licensed, but they also force you to include a link to their
website, or they will contact your ISP to have the site removed unless
you purchase a commercial license.

Um.  Hello?  How exactly is that "open source" or "GPL"?  I'm not
quite sure.  Maybe a good slashdotting would get the situation
corrected...

Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions to something simple which
might be of use to my Fedora documentive purposes?

TIA.