status of up2date and rhn-applet

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Nov 26 17:45:27 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:56:33AM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:

 > Frankly, rawhide _isn't_ safe for the casual user and I'm surprised to
 > see you even insinuate that it could be. :)   updates-testing should be
 > much safer, but I still think there's a degree of familiarity that's
 > required to make it actually effective for someone to use it.

Agreed, though at the same time, -testing doesn't get anywhere near
the amount of testing that we'd like it to. A lot of really nasty
bugs only seem to get found after we've moved them to updates-final.
Making it as easy as possible to enable those, whilst displaying
a warning is definitly in our best interest imo.

		Dave