UDEV and SELinux

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Sun Nov 27 03:17:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 11:28 -0500, Ryan Skadberg wrote:

> So, it looks like the slow udev issue has something to do with
> SELinux.   I have SELinux set up with:
>
> SELINUX=enforcing
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted

Yep, I can verify that to be true on my box as well. Actually, even with
SELINUX=permissive, the "Starting udev" takes about 1 minute. Other
things are noticeably slower with SELinux turned on as well (e.g. X
startup).

> If I switch enforcing to disabled, startup works much faster.

Check. It takes only a few seconds now to do "Starting udev" and
"Initializing hardware" with SELinux disabled. I'm running udev-0.75-5.

--
Bojan