status of up2date and rhn-applet

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sun Nov 27 03:26:44 UTC 2005

On 11/26/2005 10:21:06 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> It would be useful (I have often wished it did) if e.g. yum list x would
>> not  just tell me some release of x is installed, but also from which repo
>> it came  when it was installed. But I'm not sure the rpm database contains
>> that  information, so this may not be possible?
>
> Umm. It already does that. The last item in the list is the repository name.
> If you are running rawhide, it would development or extras-development.

Really?

[root at athena ~]# yum list gdb
Setting up repositories
development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
extras-development        100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Installed Packages
gdb.x86_64                               6.3.0.0-1.81           installed

[root at athena ~]# rpm -q fedora-release
fedora-release-4-99.rawhide

Regards, Willem Riede.