status of up2date and rhn-applet

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Nov 27 03:34:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 03:26:44AM +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> >Umm. It already does that. The last item in the list is the repository
> >name.  If you are running rawhide, it would development or
> >extras-development.
> Really?
[...]
> gdb.x86_64                               6.3.0.0-1.81           installed

Right -- for installed packages, the information is gone and isn't stored in
the RPM database for yum to access. So it says "installed" instead.

If we could all get our act together and make good, useful standard settings
for the Vendor tag (or Group tag, maybe), then maybe this could be
addressed. But that's got all sorts of issues of its own.