status of up2date and rhn-applet

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sun Nov 27 03:40:36 UTC 2005

On 11/26/2005 10:30:37 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> [root at athena ~]# yum list gdb
>> Setting up repositories
>> development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>> extras-development        100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>> Installed Packages
>> gdb.x86_64                               6.3.0.0-1.81           installed
>>
>> [root at athena ~]# rpm -q fedora-release
>> fedora-release-4-99.rawhide
>
> Try a non installed package ;-)

That's not what I wrote - my problem is "where did this package come from when
I installed it many months ago" and "do I want the update that's available
from some repo (and yes, that one is identified) to replace it"? If the update
is in a different repo than I used before, the answer may well be "no".

Regards, Willem Riede.