suggestion: move all java packages to extras

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sun Nov 27 17:26:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 17:56 +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Right now I see it like this: Core contains whatever those in control
> deem it should contain and the reasons for including a package are
> mostly arbitrary (e.g. "The people *I* know tend to like
> dovecot/cyrus-imapd better"). Fine with me.

Well, the reasons are not that arbitrary. Thing is, most people
benefit from these choices. They don't have time to investigate
every possible option out there, and this is a way to follow the
advice of people they trust and respect (i.e. the people behind
Fedora). If you think you know better, fetching stuff from extra
is no big deal.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.