Yum and SRPMs

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Nov 28 07:26:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> "yumdownloader --source yum-utils" wont work out of the box, because the
> default yum setup doesn't include the SRPMS repositories for anything but
> initial core packages. You'll need to add a separate entry to yum.repos.d that
> includes extras SRPMS repo.

That's a bug then. Either the source repo listing should come with yum, or
with yumdownloader.

The whole point of this thread (to me at least) is to fix the problem of
not being able to easilly installing source rpms without a need to go hunt
or edit manual files.

Paul
--

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)