lm_sensors in FC4-updates for x86_64 twice?

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:38:29 UTC 2005

2005/11/26, Florian La Roche <laroche at redhat.com>:
> > no, I don't want to hear any bitching and moaning about this, that's how
> > it is.
>
> At some point we should change this to only pull in as few packages as
> really needed, but that also comes with quite some calculation cost.
>
> This should really be something where yum, up2date and smart algorithms
> should work together and then implement the best solution available.
>
> regards,
>
> Florian La Roche

nice suggestion in my eyes. actually i also think that the number of
compat packages should be reduced as far as possible. is there really
a reason for lm_sensors compat packages?

i see a point in packaging SDL 32 bit libs as compat libs... but
especially in the past there was lots of seriously unnecassery stuff.
maybe seperate that kinda things into "full 32 bit compat" and
"necassery 32 bit compat" installation methods.

its really nice to run every 32 bit rpm there is... but most users
just need a very small subset of common packages (see SDL .. see the
requirements for wine... see 32 bit browsers and 32 bit movie
players).

lets find the "use cases" ;))

regards,
Rudolf Kastl