What about smartpm?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 16:39:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 13:09 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 11/26/05, Deji Akingunola <dakingun at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I remember someone proposed it in the very early days of extras
> > (before the bugzilla system), but no one ever step up to sponsor it,
> > and I guess the contributor got discouraged .
>
> Please.... find the post me to the post in the fedora-extras-list
> archive where the submission request was made, because I certaintly
> can't find it.

I don't think it ever was in the list - but I do remember under the old
old system, someone had added themselves to the wiki as looking for a
sponsor stating that was something they were interested in maintaining.

AFAIK a spec file was never submitted for review though.

-=-
I personally like smartpm - it had a few quirks in it last time I used
it, but it was good.

I personally don't need it though - it's strength is that it makes it a
little easier to mix repositories by allowing you to set different repos
at different priorities (over-riding version and release) while allowing
you to fine tune it with specific packages.

However, I do not mix repositories anymore - if its not in extras,
either I just build it myself for my private use - or I build it and
submit it. So I don't need what smartpm is particularly good at anymore.