fc5 goals

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 28 22:15:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 23:02 +0100, Eric TANGUY wrote:
> Why there is so much java package included in fc5 ?
> No news about early login or something like that ?
> Why kde is still included in core whereas it could be in extras ?
> Why some packages go directly in core and not in extras before ? Because
> they were packaged by someone from redhat ? Is it sufficient ???
>
> I saw the long discussion about what to include in or not in fc5 but maybe
> the problem will be the goal of fedora ?
>
> Is this product mainly for developpers form redhat ?
>
> yes i know i'm joking but in fact it could be a good question, no ? Thanks

The question is why are these pieces of software in Fedora CORE vs
Fedora EXTRAS.  I don't think anybody is complaining that the software
is a part of the Fedora Project itself, just where they should land.
Core or Extras.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)