Modern Update System

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 00:13:02 UTC 2005

Hi:

Is there any work being done for a modern update system that would only
download what is needed instead of an entirely new rpm?  I'm sure everyone
has seen the updaet system that Firefox has.  It's beautiful.  How is that
going to work on Fedora Core 5?  Is it disabled?  Eitherway, such an update
system on Linux would be a watershed moment perhaps.  A grand slam.  It is a
bit ridiculous that FC4 updates have possibly mounted up to 10 GB for me..
maybe an exaggeration but you know what I'm getting  at.

So any such project out there?

Benjy,
AWWTF