udev alpha testing

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:51:17 UTC 2005

>I would be glad, if the really brave could compile, install and test:
>ftp://people.redhat.com/harald/udev/076-1/
>
>Beware this could end in a non-bootable system.
>
>This version removes the hardware initializing/module loading phase from
>rc.sysinit. Udev should do most, if not all job. I am interested in any
>missing modules, that were loaded before.
>
>Thx for testing.

I will test these for you.  I have downloaded both src.rpm files and I will
be doing a rpmbuild --rebuild on them shortly.  I have a few other things I
have to get done today so it might later today or tomorrow before I post any
results.  Is this alright with you?

If something does go wrong, is there an easy way to get back running without
a full restore?  Will booting in single user mode and reinstalling
udev-075-4 get the system running again?
Thanks,
Jason