udev alpha testing

Bart Vanbrabant bart.vanbrabant at zoeloelip.be
Tue Nov 29 15:01:04 UTC 2005

Harald Hoyer wrote:
> I would be glad, if the really brave could compile, install and test:
> ftp://people.redhat.com/harald/udev/076-1/
>
> Beware this could end in a non-bootable system.
>
> This version removes the hardware initializing/module loading phase
> from rc.sysinit. Udev should do most, if not all job. I am interested
> in any missing modules, that were loaded before.
>
> Thx for testing.
>
> --
> Harald

The udev srpm doesn't seem to compile on the lastest rawhide. I get this
output when I do $ rpmbuild --rebuild udev-076-1.src.rpm

[root at laptop-bart tmp]# rpmbuild --rebuild udev-076-1.src.rpm
Installing udev-076-1.src.rpm
warning: user harald does not exist - using root
warning: group harald does not exist - using root
[...]
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57665
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ rm -rf udev-076
+ /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/udev-076.tar.bz2
+ tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd udev-076
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 0 = 0 ']'
+ /bin/chown -Rhf root .
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 0 = 0 ']'
+ /bin/chgrp -Rhf root .
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ echo 'Patch #1 (udev-075-daemon.patch):'
Patch #1 (udev-075-daemon.patch):
+ patch -p1 -b --suffix .udevdaemon -s
+ cp /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/udev.html .
+ exit 0
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3874
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cd udev-076
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ make USE_KLIBC=false USE_SELINUX=true USE_STATIC=true STRIP=/bin/true
udevdir=/dev USE_LOG=false DEBUG=false 'EXTRAS=
extras/scsi_id          extras/ata_id         extras/usb_id
extras/edd_id         extras/volume_id    ' all
Creating udev_version.h
Compiling sysfs_class.c:                                              [OK]
Compiling sysfs_device.c:                                             [OK]
Compiling sysfs_dir.c:                                                [OK]
Compiling sysfs_driver.c:                                             [OK]
Compiling sysfs_utils.c:                                              [OK]
Compiling dlist.c:                                                    [OK]
Creating library libsysfs.a:                                          [OK]
Running ranlib:                                                       [OK]
Compiling udev_event.c:                                               [OK]
Compiling udev_device.c:                                              [OK]
Compiling udev_config.c:                                              [OK]
Compiling udev_add.c:                                                 [OK]
Compiling udev_remove.c:                                              [OK]
Compiling udev_db.c:                                                  [OK]
Compiling udev_rules.c:                                               [OK]
Compiling udev_rules_parse.c:                                         [OK]
Compiling udev_utils.c:                                               [OK]
Compiling udev_utils_string.c:                                        [OK]
Compiling udev_utils_file.c:                                          [OK]
Compiling udev_utils_run.c:                                           [OK]
Compiling udev_libc_wrapper.c:                                        [OK]
Compiling udev_selinux.c:                                             [OK]
Creating library libudev.a:                                           [OK]
Running ranlib:                                                       [OK]
Compiling udev.c:                                                     [OK]
Linking udev:
[ERROR]
  gcc -Wl,-warn-common -static udev.o -o udev libudev.a
libsysfs/libsysfs.a -ls
  elinux -lsepol
  libudev.a(udev_device.o): In function `udev_init_device':
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_device.c:87: undefined reference
to `__ct
  ype_b at GLIBC_2.0'
  libudev.a(udev_config.o): In function `parse_config_file':
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_config.c:128: undefined reference
to `__c
  type_b at GLIBC_2.0'
  libudev.a(udev_config.o): In function `get_key':
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_config.c:56: undefined reference
to `__ct
  ype_b at GLIBC_2.0'
  libudev.a(udev_rules.o): In function `import_keys_into_env':
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_rules.c:179: undefined reference
to `__ct
  ype_b at GLIBC_2.0'
  libudev.a(udev_rules.o): In function `get_key':
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_rules.c:98: undefined reference to
`__cty
  pe_b at GLIBC_2.0'

libudev.a(udev_rules.o):/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/udev-076/udev_rules.c:280:
more
   undefined references to `__ctype_b at GLIBC_2.0' follow
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [udev] Error 1

Bart

--
Bart Vanbrabant <bart.vanbrabant at zoeloelip.be>
PGP fingerprint: 093C BB84 17F6 3AA6 6D5E  FC4F 84E1 FED1 E426 64D1