Theora screencasts are on the way. (was: Re: Announcing dogtail: a GUI automation and test framework)

Zack Cerza zcerza at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 18:36:02 UTC 2005

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Zack Cerza wrote:
>

>> Movies of Dogtail in action can be found at:
>> http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/media.html
>

> Can I suggest to publish the movies in Ogg Theora format instead of
> Flash, so people using Fedora can actually play them?
> A nice package for creating such movies is named 'istanblul' and is part
> of Fedora Extras.

We do plan on getting Theora versions up on the site soon.
Unfortunately, the only screencast format we were able to get working in
time for release was Flash - none of us were thrilled about that, but we
made the decision not to hold up the release for that one issue,
annoying as it may be.

Thanks,
Zack