Deprecating pam_stack.so

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 12 05:09:59 UTC 2005

--On Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:06 AM +0200 Bernardo Innocenti
<bernie at develer.com> wrote:

>  - For some reason, pam_ldap interacts strangely with pam_unix.
>    Even tough pam_unix comes before it and is "sufficient",
>    nobody can login when the network is down or slapd is down.
>    Also, you can login as root with root's password from ldap
>    even tough there's a valid root entry in /etc/passwd.

I thought I had a misconfiguration when I was seeing this.

I'd also like to get pam_smbpass into system_config_authentication, and
just filed an RFE Bugzilla for it. Rather than customize SCA for each new
PAM module, perhaps it should have some separate config where one can list
the available modules. I just found a module from Microsoft for sending
password changes to Win32 systems. (With source!) I wrapped it in an RPM
and will be testing it shortly.

<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/R2/unixcomponents/idmu.mspx>
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/interopmigration/unix/sfu/psync.mspx>