Proposed Development Areas for Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Project

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 13:39:55 UTC 2005

> I assume that a these "extra" package will also be mastered as a
> downloadable ISOs , right?
> Having to download 400MB of he_IL packages on each NFS Fedora
> installation doesn't bode well for my ISP account...
>
> > "All stuff for personal install and the support for the six main
> > languages (en,de,fr,es,??) on the first two CDs. Big stuff like
> > openoffice-lang-support for uncommon langages only in extras?"
> >
> > That's a bad joke, right?

My understanding was that it would be part of the main distro but on
another CD image so if you download across the net or as a DVD it
would be of no effect but if you only use English or one of around 6
of the best supported languages you'd have to download the separate
CD. If you install off the net it would make no difference at all, or
if you buy the distro as a CD to save the download if wouldn't matter
either.

Peter