Encouraging the use of multiple packaging systems on one systems, and the resulting problems (was: re: /usr/local)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:09:06 UTC 2005

On 10/21/05, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> And for what it's worth, last time I asked the LSB guys how many LSB RPMs
> were "in the wild", the answer was perhaps two or three. So it's more a
> de-jure standard than a de-facto standard.

Please point to a standard de-factor or otherwise with wide
acceptance.... in the linux space at large....that you are using to
measure fedora's packages against. Different groups have has their own
ideas in this space...i'd even call it a vibrant space full of
competing ideas.  Please refrain from making it sound like Fedora is
well off the map compared to other distributors.

-jef"catch more flies with honey"spaleta