SquashFS?

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Fri Oct 21 18:33:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:20:00PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> We're working on a kernel-module-standard for fedora-extras. I can
> package unionfs and SqashFS then if that would be enough for the LiveCD.
> But there might be a small problem with SqashFS and the initrd:

A kernel-module-standard is a necessity for fedora-extras but not for
unionfs/squashfs, IMO. They're small, and can be compiled on-the-fly,
when creating the live cd iso.

And I don't think the lack of support for a "squashed" initrd is a
problem. I believe initramfs works much better for livecds, anyway. :)

BTW, I'll gladly help if there's anything I can do.

--
lfr
0/0