David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Oct 25 19:34:43 UTC 2005

tir, 25 10 2005 kl. 15:11 -0400, skrev John W. Linville:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:54:29PM +0100, Manuel Moreno wrote:
>
> > NIH RedHat syndrome or is it a desperate and stubborn USA-centric point
> > of view from RH far too afraid from USA barrister greed.
>
> /me chuckles at the thought of Dave J. dressed as Uncle Sam... :-)

Personally I have more fun imagining the "Uncle Alan wants you!" poster.
Maybe it's true that kernel hackers get the babes (and the minions).

I'm with Alan and Dave btw. I personally as a user don't even know what
a DSDT table is intended to do for me aside just work out of the box.
Which can hardly be said if I have to recompile and hunt down a custom
DSDT table from a some obscure website - why would I want to insert
something not signed off by Fedora in my kernel again, regardless of how
harmless it might sound. I trust Dave more than random bloke/random
vendor on the big scary Internet.

- David Nielsen