Request for volunteers to help track down packages that use /usr/X11R6

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Sep 4 12:35:40 UTC 2005

dragoran wrote:

> some apps have hardcoded -L/usr/X11R6/lib in there makefiles (which
> allready make problems on multilib systems)

Indeed...  -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/include is another problem case perhaps
too.  Fortunately, the modular X libraries all provide pkg-config files
now.  Any packages or Makefiles that hard code -L or -I paths, etc.
will now need to be updated to use pkg-config.

The X server provides pkgconfig files so apps/tools know where things
like the module directory is also.  There's only 2 or 3 packages in
the OS that that should affect though:

synaptics
linuxwacom
vnc