FC4 state of affairs and FC5

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:06:24 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, Tyler Larson <fedora-devel at tlarson.com> wrote:
> I don't mind writing a script to generate the ISO, but I'm not sure what all
> needs to be included. I imagine that it would have to generate a custom
> repodata dir filtered to reference only the RPMs that are on the CD (i.e. only
> the most recent version of each package). Any advice from someone who
> understands this better a bit better than I do?

its quite easy to rebuild the metadata   "createrepo" package will
generate the repodata directory.  So make your directory of rpms and
then run createrepo against it... then add the config file...create
the iso.

Additionally before making the iso you can use repoclosure  from the
yum-utils package in Extras to check for package deps self-consistency
in your tree.

The biggest problem right now is correct automagical detection of cds.
For anyone who has a cd that isnt using /media/cdrom  they will have
to edit the config file you provide. No big deal .. just annoying.
Sounds like from other posts the "right" people are figuring out how
to do this more robustly.

-jef