anaconda segfault in rawhide 20050917 x86_64 nfs install

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Sep 18 15:04:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 12:52 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> I guess there's progress, but not much :-)

There's lots of things changing :)   Unfortunately, testing the full
tree effect is pretty time consuming, so we've been doing a lot of spot
testing as we add stuff and then wait until the next day for the "whole
tree" effect.  Unfortunately, given the amount of change, this is
somewhat prone to causing problems :/

> With Saturday's (17th) rawhide on my opteron I get a segfault a couple of
> seconds into anaconda using nfs mount of the x86_64 rawhide tree.

Hmm, that means that anaconda is running and it looks like we're
probably into the X probing.  Could be a side effect of the kudzu
changes to return NULL in some cases.  I'm not sure if I'll get a chance
to prod at it today, but I'll try.

Jeremy