Anaconda buildinstall: "latest: command not found"

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Mon Sep 19 11:54:58 UTC 2005

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Has anyone outside Red Hat successfully built a FC4 installation CD with
> a custom kernel?

I have a script that automatically rebuilds the FC4 installation tree
with the latest updates. This runs every morning.

ftp://ftp.crc.dk/pub/fedora/update/

WARNING: Read the script carefully, as it contains hardcoded
paths, etc. If these are not set correctly, you'll risk erasing
the wrong directories!

The created installation tree will use the latest kernel during
installation. However, this gives some problems during
the partitioning, for some reason it can't tell the kernel
about the new partition on the disk - unless I run the
installation in text mode...

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk