HostAP

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:12:16 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Tyler Larson <fedora-devel at tlarson.com> wrote:
> You smile with that all-knowing sort of air, and say, "I run Linux! Behold the
> power of Fedora!"

You tell a good story, ... but it's true, running in AP mode is quite
useful.  Although the hostap drivers are not the only drivers that can
run in AP mode even today... I hope that eventually all drivers of
AP-mode-able hardware support it.

There is nothing quite as satisfying as the sound of laptop lids
slamming shot on a long airplane flight as your wildcard dns & httpd
setup serves up copies of goatse to travelers who moments before
thought they were quite lucky to pick up "PaneraBread" at 50,000 feet.
;)

(just kidding, of course)