ustring problem

Thu Sep 1 20:15:02 UTC 2005

Hey all,

while working on a wrapper for gdl I ran into a problem with
Glib:ustring. The following "program" gives a compile error.

#include <gtkmm.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
        Glib::ustring tmp;
        return 0;
}

The error is;

g++ -g -c `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags` main.cpp
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/ustring.h:236: error: field initializer is not constant
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

The lines in ustring.h that the compiler complains about are;

    235 #ifdef GLIBMM_HAVE_ALLOWS_STATIC_INLINE_NPOS
    236   static const size_type npos = std::string::npos;
    237 #else
    238   //The IRIX MipsPro compiler says "The indicated constant value is not known",
    239   //so we need to initalize the static member data elsewhere.
    240   static const size_type npos;
    241 #endif

The following RPM are installed on my x86_64 (running in 64bit mode)
rawhide system.

gtkmm24-2.6.2-2
gtkmm24-devel-2.6.2-2
glibmm24-devel-2.6.1-1
glibmm24-2.6.1-1
libgcc-4.0.1-12
gcc-4.0.1-12
gcc-c++-4.0.1-12

Anybody seen this problem before ? Can I just #undef
GLIBMM_HAVE_ALLOWS_STATIC_INLINE_NPOS somehow to "fix" it ?

TIA,

Erwin