Including git in FC?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 5 02:29:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 14:30 -0400, Brian Gerst wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
> >>>

> >>No, I disagree... it *would* be appropriate for default install.
> >

> > I don't think I fully understand why you think it should be in Core.
> > Care to elaborate a bit?
> >

> Because it is used for kernel development, which is part of core.

Sorry, but I don't think that really qualifies it for inclusion in Core.
We're trying to cut down on the number of packages in Core.  I would
imagine the vast majority of Fedora users don't do active kernel
development.

Don't get me wrong, I think git is damn useful.  But it's just as useful
being in Extras.

josh