FC4 state of affairs and FC5

Paul A Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 7 15:56:54 UTC 2005

Alan Cox wrote:

>Nothing is stopping anyone making new ISO images with the fixes, nor putting
>up FC4 "old gnome-pilot" packages.

    Something along these lines might make a nice project for someone.

    Whenever I install FC,  I end up downloading the ISO images,
installing -- after a few weeks it seems that many of the packages have
been updated,  so I do hundreds of megabytes worth of downloading.  This
isn't the end of the world on my DSL line,  but it's an annoyance.

    It would be nice if someone respun Fedora with the latest rpms every
month,  every week,  whatever.  It's probably not that hard to do -- I
guess it's just a matter of setting up your directories for spinning a
distribution,  and putting in the latest RPM directory from the mirror
sites,  right?  And,  of course,  testing it to make sure that it all
works through firstboot.