rawhide report: 20050913 changes

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 14:57:45 UTC 2005

On 09/15/2005 07:22 AM, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 21:16 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:49 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>

>>>        > >I'm happy to do a rebuild of NM, but when you say older
>>>        kernels, how
>>>        > >older are you talking.
>>>        > >
>>>        > 1547 was the first kernel that required a new
>>>        wireless-tools.  You need
>>>        > to rebuild if you've got an earlier one.
>>>
>>>        rebuild what?  NetworkManager or the kernel?
>>>
>>>Possibly the new version of wireless-tools (kernel now has WE-19) and
>>>then probably rebuild NM against the new wireless-tools.
>>>

>>Nope, this didn't work
>>
>>I downloaded and built wireless-tools, and then NetworkManager, but I
>>still can't see the names of the wireless routers.
>>

>Chris,
>
>Is it time to file a bug report on this?

This is the behavior I saw when I upgraded my wireless-tools but not my
kernel.

You must use old wireless-tools (b8).  New ones will NOT work (for the
same reason old ones don't work with new kernels).  Then you must
rebuild NM against the OLD wireless tools.  If you've done that (I get
the impression you are using b9), then sure file a bug I guess.