GNOME 2.14 for FC5?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 09:54:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 14:58 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:23 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> > Recently a preliminary schedule for GNOME 2.14 was released[1], which
> > puts 2.14 for final release about 2 weeks after the FC5 release is
> > scheduled[2], the GNOME development freeze as can be read from the
> > schedule is in January, which is the roughly same time as FC3t3's devel
> > freeze.
> >

> I'm in favour of FC5 shipping with GNOME 2.14 instead of 2.12, assuming
> 2.14 is usable (or will be within a few patches).
>
> regards,

I'm for 2.14 in fc5.

gnome is the preferred gui for Fedora, holding off for 2.14 just makes
sense since it is so close.

If fedora doesn't ship with it, there will be a bunch of yum repos
popping up with it - which will then result in conflicts etc. and
general mayham - the users will want it. I will want it. Sure, tried and
true is sometimes better - but its so new!