FUSE in kernel 2.6.14 and userspace support for it

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 16 16:31:13 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 16.09.2005, 09:17 -0500 schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 18:46 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Rok Ruzic wrote:
> > If the kernel parts are in mainline then user space stuff can be in
> > Fedora Extras. right?. If you are interested see
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras
>
> I think the first step is to see if DaveJ plans on even turning the
> config option on in the kernel.  No need for user space tools if the
> kernel side isn't there :).

It's on afaics:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/kernel/devel/configs/config-generic?view=markup

> Assuming it is available, I agree that the user space stuff can go in
> Extras.

Can -- sure. But IMHO they should be in core (if they are small). YMMV

But someone at redhat should make clear that nobody is working on a
fuse-pkg already (or is planing to do so). Otherwise the work on a
extras package might be lost time.