Move PyQt to Extras

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 04:00:34 UTC 2005

Hello, all:

I am trying to package Eric IDE for Extras, but it requires that PyQt
is built with Qscintilla. I have added Qscintilla to extras, but I
cannot continue, since PyQt is in core, and can't depend on things in
Extras for a sub-package. So, either Qscintilla will have to be added
to Core, or, which is probably far more reasonable, PyQt could be
moved out of the Core to Extras.

I have checked, nothing requires PyQt in Core, and it really seems
like a package much more suitable for Extras. What do you say?

I'm willing to maintain it there, of course.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
http://www.mricon.com/