FUSE in kernel 2.6.14 and userspace support for it

Rok Ruzic rok.ruzic at hermes.si
Mon Sep 19 09:42:56 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 18:46 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Rok Ruzic wrote:
> >
> > >FUSE (Filesystem in USEr space) http://fuse.sf.net/ is being included in the mainline kernel 2.6.14. It has been in -mm since january 2005 and is now in -rc.
> > >
> > >FUSE consists of a kernel module and some userspace parts. Is there any initiative to provide the userspace parts of FUSE as a fedora package, since the fuse kernel module is being mainlined?
> > >

> > If the kernel parts are in mainline then user space stuff can be in
> > Fedora Extras. right?. If you are interested see
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras
>
> I think the first step is to see if DaveJ plans on even turning the
> config option on in the kernel.  No need for user space tools if the
> kernel side isn't there :).

Right. Is there a page that states what kernel options will be turned on, or should i wait for a reply from DaveJ here (or contact him directly)?

Is there another place to inquire whether somebody is alredy working on packaging FUSE userspace binaries?

If no packages are being made, then Richard Dawe has created fuse binary packages that are fully functional, but i have not checked whetherthey fully comply with the inclusion criteria. If there is any more work required on the packages, i will be helping him.

Regards,
Rok