Rawhide anaconda SELinux problem

Keith Sharp kms at gonzo.passback.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 14:21:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:52:42AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Keith Sharp wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am trying to install Rawhide into VMWare 5.0 from my local mirror
> >using either NFS or HTTP.  When the install attempts to start anaconda
> >it exits immediately:
> >
> >Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer - please wait...
> >install exited abnormally
> >
> >and then shuts everything down for a reboot.
> >
> >The only information I can see on any of the virtual consoles is an avc
> >message (hand copied so please excuse any errors) on VC 4:
> >
> ><5>audit(1127063851.592:2) avc: denied { associate } for pid=512
> >comm="anaconda" name="rpm" scontext=system_u:object_r:root_t:s0
> >tcontext=system_u:object_r:root_t:s0 tclass=filesystem
> >
> >Is this a known issue?  I looked in bugzilla, but I couldn't see
> >anything that looked relevant.
> >
> >Keith.
> >
> Can you attempt to do this with setenforce 0, and then get all of the
> AVC messages.

How would I do that during an install?  All I am doing is setting up the
virtual machine to use the boot.iso file as the CDROM and to boot from the
CDROM.  I then use "linux askmethod" and select either HTTP or NFS, and then
Anaconda dies as reported above.

Where and how would I enable "setenforce 0"?

Thanks,

Keith.