Installing from ub

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 20:15:43 UTC 2005

Hi, Jeremy, hi, Peter:

I would really appreciate if someone added a capability to Anaconda to
install from /dev/uba1 and similar. This way, we do not need to reload
usb-storage, which contributes to various problems.

I did not request to turn ub on in kernel yet, because it interferes
with usb-storage and this makes some users unhappy. But I am working
on solutions to that, and the results are encouraging. I may need
Anaconda support in FC5 on a very short notice if we wait until that
is complete.

Do you want me to file an RFE in Bugzilla?

Thanks,
-- Pete