fedora-d-rh] Re: Request for volunteers: Find packages that rely on imake

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Sep 25 01:52:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> The problem that I'm trying to solve right now, is that existing
> software out there does indeed use imake during build, and will
> break if it goes away.  That's the stuff we want to find.  I suspect

'gv' requires imake, to build, right off the top of my head.

But it is in my head, because I heard the 'warning' at
Ottawa's x.org BoF ;) and so went looking through packages I
use and rely on; 'ggv' just doesn't come near 'gv' for
usability or speed)

Repositories with hits:
   Altlinux
   Fedora
   Netwinder
   OpenNA
   Red Hat

Checking my SRPM archives (14547 packages) with a semi-smart
scriptlet, I find these candidates:

awemidi 	(Alt)
Canna
cernlib 	(Alt)
fvwm 		(Netwinder)
glut 		(Netwinder)
gv
libxview 	(Alt)
mgetty 		(Alt)
mxp 		(Netwinder)
openmotif 	(Netwinder)
speyes 		(Alt)
synaptics
transfig
x2x
x3270  [ouch - I use this -- will test further]
Xaw3d 		(Netwinder)
xfig
xfishtank 	(Alt)
xforms 		(Alt) [the LyX component]