Move Evolution to Extras?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 18:47:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 11:32 -0700, Ian Burrell wrote:
> I put in a bug (178155) a while ago with a patch split the conduits
> into an evolution-pilot subpackage.

While thats nice, it doesn't help in this regard.  It is a subpackage of
the main evolution source rpm.  That means that the source rpm cannot go
outside the Fedora build system.  Not until we made modifications to how
packages are brought in and how we look at the distribution.

As it stands, it is not feasible to move Evolution outside of Core.
This may change in the (near?) future, but that is left to be seen.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora