[ANNOUNCE]: IA64 ISOs based on Fedora Core 5

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 5 11:24:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 06:54 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
> > To be honest, I'm not convinced that weekly ISO builds are particularly
> > useful -- we don't do that for rawhide on other architectures either.
> > It's probably better just to encourage people to use rsync to keep up
> > with rawhide, rather than downloading it all over again each week.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems I have users who are unwilling to use yum, etc.,
> in the short term.  They would prefer weekly snapshots.

They actually want to _reinstall_ weekly? Or do a full 'upgrade' weekly?

Even so, they could quite happily do that from a normal rawhide mirror
like everyone else does, rather than using ISO images. That just seems
like a gratuitous waste of bandwidth to me -- for rawhide even more so
than for the actual releases.

> Yep -- I replaced fedora-release with the FC5 version in the images.  I
> didn't mention it because I didn't think it was that important :).

The _real_ FC5 version -- doesn't that mean the updates repo is
configured to point at a non-existent directory?

> > Aside from the updates, the next task is building Extras and Livna for
> > IA64, of course...
>
> Whaddya think I'm working on? :)

:)

--