Red Hat's "Cowardice" against Software Patents

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Wed Apr 5 23:30:44 UTC 2006

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Michael J. Knox <michael at knox.net.nz>:
>> Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>>> Which, I'm suggesting, Red Hat could do also.  I don't undesstand why this
>>> is a difficult concept.
>> So a RedHat Pro desktop solution?
>>
>> I would buy it. Save the hassle of setting up the stuff that I need.
>
> It was one of my early suggestions in this discussion.  Later I tried to
> develop the idea of third-party yum repositories to carry "impure"
> stuff.

Which would also work...

However, the horse as been truly flogged now, I am sure you can see that.

Perhaps, as I stated earlier, that yourself and any other like minded
person, should get together and start working on it.

Its more than clear that Fedora is not going to change (I don't think
there was a request to make it change, but I could have missed that
email), so its time to put step up and produce some results.

Michael