"expected gains in market share"

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 00:23:41 UTC 2006

Eric

> re-partitioning is a significant barrier.  But we don't even get that
> far if the user contemplating installation asks J. Random Linux Geek
> "Can I use it to store my iTunes stuff?" and his answer is a lecture
> about Ogg Vorbis.

I don't think that's a valid point.

If support for iTunes is a real requirement, then *all* linux distros
will be unable to provide something that even comes close. Pester Apple
for a linux iTunes...

If basic mp3 support is the requirement, then *all* linux distros (with
some minor tweaks, sure) will do the job. I'm sure J Random would back
me up on that.

-Cam

--

                                                                      <--