Move Evolution to Extras?

Thu Apr 13 01:00:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 18:45 -0600, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:

> > > Just set them to the same thing. KDE is very flexible, it's possible to
> > > get it to match the GNOME configuration very closely.
> >
> > So you are suggesting that everybody will set all settings twice, one
> > time for Gnome and one time for KDE? This is exactly the problem with a
> > Gnome and KDE mix, it is a PITA.
>
> No, we're not talking about everyone setting all their settings twice.  Just
> tweak the things you want for the apps you want.  That's not going to be very
> much stuff.  With KDE, once you've got that figured out, it's pretty easy to
> mass deploy such configuration changes, too, so you really will only *have*
> to do this once (unless you change your mind frequently :) ).

I still have to deal with two different "configuration" tools, that do
about the same thing but a bit different. If i want to tune app K i need
the KDE configuration tool, if i need to tune app G i need the gnome
configuration tool. When kde apps and gnome apps look exactly like each
other (which is an other problem, different look and feel) how do i know
that i need kconfig when i want to tune app K? KDE and Gnome are two
different things, even though they do almost the same thing. It is like
using Honda parts to fix a Fort, a handy mechaninc might make it work,
but it would be way easier to use Fort parts to fix a Fort.

- Erwin