Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Brent brent at linux.wku.edu
Sun Apr 16 22:27:51 UTC 2006

What about a resurrection of something like cheops?  Companies like
FlukeNetworks charge big money for a program that maps a network like
cheops used to do and it would seem that there are a lot of things that
could be added to it to make it a really spectacular program.  Things
like SNMP polling of switches and routers so that that links between
objects could also show traffic stats in near real time.

Source RPMS of the old cheops can be compiled on FC4, but it was really
hacky and very prone to crashes.  I thinking having a network mapping
tool like that for Linux could really be a nice app.  I guess it might
not be along Fedora's lines though.

Brent