Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri Apr 21 08:25:13 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 03:06, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 16:41 +0100, Andre Nogueira wrote:
> > 3) When Anaconda starts, ask the user if (s)he has a kickstart
> > configuration file on a pen drive or remote FTP/HTTP location (s)he'd
> > like to use. This would make kickstart files much more user friendly.
>
> Writing/modifying kickstart files actually is tougher than writing
> "ks=..." on the installer kernel command line.

If nothing else, having a prompt would increase awareness of kickstart.

It would be nice if we could improve upon system-config-kickstart and get nice
interfaces for both creating and using kickstart files.  Having a prompt
where a user could select the source of a kickstart file, and just basic
information provided with that prompt, would allow even a novice user to save
the kickstart file that was created by one installation and use it to repeat
that installation.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com